25 January 2010

Key Lime Cove!

We took a little mini-vacation to an in-door waterpark that is literally 3 miles from our house! We went last year for one night and the kids ask to go back every time we pass it! So, this time we went for 2 nights during the week and it was awesome! We felt like we had the place to ourselves, there was barely anyone else there! It was a nice break from the cold and snow, and we didn't have to drive far!

Ready for the adventure to begin!
Trying on some funny hats in the gift shop while counting down the minutes until the pool opened at 10:00 a.m.!

Here's all of us, lounging in some beach chairs.
Here's the Mayz, in her Hello Kitty bathing suit! I know I'm her mom, but I just think she is so dang cute!
Mina, the super-slider, was very brave this year and even went down the big slides in the crazy water-shooting-everywhere area. She had a blast!
Mayzie, who is a very adventurous, confident child, sure did know her limits here. She was very cautious on the slides and only would go on the two littlest ones by herself when she knew we would be there to catch her.
And lastly, our whole family doing the slide! The kids were SOO so sad to leave, many tears were shed. I heard many times, "I want to stay here forever", and "can we live at Key Lime Cove?" We had a great time, it was a perfect "get-away", only 5 minutes from home!

1 comment: