We took a quick little trip up to...
let's see if you can guess....
Yes! Wisconsin! Door County to be exact. Our first stop was this great little dairy where we enjoyed the beautiful views, animals to pet, giant ice-cream cones to slide down, enormous cows, and of course, ice-cream!
Door County is fun because it's all these little towns, one after another, up the coast. Each has it's own character. We went to the famous "Al Johnson's" Swedish restaurant in Sister Bay for dinner. It is know for having grass on the roof, which actual goats graze on. Big trip highlight for the kids. Yes, goats on the roof. They also have all these gnomes, or maybe they are trolls, and this was by far, one of our most favorite pictures...
We told Calvin to stand by the gnome and look like it and he totally did!
Gorgeous flowers everywhere!
The next day we went to Peninsula State Park. We did more hiking that day than our family has EVER done! We started by climbing to the top of this tower.
Can you tell I am hanging on to the children for dear life? There were many many people climbing that tower and I could feel it wobbling! I was glad to make the decent!
Next we went on what we thought would be a nice little hike... and it was except for one part. It was L O N G. It took over 2 hours and we hadn't brought any food or water, or means to transport our children, except for our arms. I started to really worry when we were about an hour and a half into it and I asked someone hiking toward us "how much longer do we have to go?" The guy looked at me with a strange expression and said, "oh, you're probably only about half way done." HALF! That's when I started contemplating how to capture wild animals to eat for lunch. Luckily, the guy was wrong and we only had about 30 minutes after that. Thank goodness! We survived, the kids were actually great sports, we covered a lot of ground and lots of cool nature...
Part of the hike took us right along the Bay. We took some time to thrown some rocks and get our feet wet.
and Mina just liked the marshmallow roasting.
No comments:
Post a Comment